Text Enhance is one of those pesky ad-ware browser hijackers that takes over pages in your web browser and overlays ads based on keywords in the page text. Underlined keywords are hyper-linked to pop-up boxes containing coupons in ads clearly identified as Text Enhance. A relatively benign and easily removed example of ad-ware, it is nonetheless an invasion of your privacy.
Text Enhance is a bundled add-on for Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome and is typically installed alongside other free programs. As well as injecting ad links into your web pages, it also infiltrates search forms on Ebay, Google, Facebook, Amazon or any website it can to display a box containing related keyword suggestions,ads and sponsored links in the right of your browser window. It can also collect search terms and other keywords from your search queries.
This class of ad ware relies on lazy users running a typical software install, accepting the defaults and not paying attention to custom or advanced install options. In this way the Text Enhance browser hijacker can claim a perfectly legal consent to install because you agreed to it.
Uninstall Text Enhance Program
- To uninstall Text Enhance ad-ware , click the Start button, select Control Panel, then Uninstall a program (Windows 7).
Windows 8 users should right-click the bottom left hot corner (where the Start button used to be), select Control panel, then Uninstall a program.
- Find Text Enhance in the programs list and right-click, select uninstall. If you don’t find it under this name, it may be masquerading under a different name; look for any program developed by 215 apps or Excellent apps, and uninstall that.
Clean up Text Enhance residuals in your browser
Remove Text Enhance from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer, then click on the gear icon in the top right (or Tools menu for Windows XP users); select Manage add-ons.
- In the Toolbars and Extensions tab, select Text Enhance and click Disable.
Remove Text Enhance from Mozilla Firefox
- From the top right of the Firefox window, click the hamburger menu button (or select the Tools menu), then select Add-ons.
- Select the Extensions tab, then remove Text Enhance extension from Mozilla Firefox.
Remove Text Enhance from Google Chrome
- Click the Chrome menu button in the top right, browser tool-bar, select More Tools, then Extensions.
- In the Extensions tab, uncheck the Enabled box, then remove the Text Enhance extension by clicking on the Recycle Bin next to the plugin.
Once again the browser add-on might be masquerading under a different name; if you can’t find Text Enhance in your list of add-ons, look for any other extension developed by 215 apps or Excellent apps, and remove it. AJS