Proactivity Press has launched a new Essential Short Guide to PRINCE2® E-book. Introducing PRojects IN Controlled Environments. The internationally recognised, best-practice project management framework is now in its sixth edition: all 413 pages of it. This short guide, under 30 pages, is ideal for newcomers to project-based working.
As a gentle introduction to the variables, themes, principles and processes of PRINCE2®, the commentary in this short guide focuses on the practical aspects of project management:
- the pro’s and con’s of a structured project management framework
- the importance of embedding PRINCE2 in the culture of an organisation
- the need for buy-in to the PRINCE2 mindset at all levels
- the continued review of the business case as a project progresses
- not treating the framework as a magic bullet
Written from the author’s own experience over some thirty years in business and IT, this is a practical, no-nonsense guide for those who struggle to interpret the official publications.